This Use Policy specifies the actions prohibited by Mi-Co, Inc.("Mi-Co") to users of the Web Hosting Services Provided by Mi-Co its network. Mi-Co reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting of the modified Policy to this URL: http://www.mi-co.net/aup.html
The Systems and Network provided by Mi-Co may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
System and Network Security
Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Mi-Co will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mailbombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
- Any Activity which impacts the ability of customers to use/access the systems in a normal manner.
Using the Mi-Co Mail outgoing Servers as a mail relay to send unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is explicitly prohibited. A user shall not use another site's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
Email Clients should not be configured to automatically check for new mail at intervals less than once per 5 minutes.
Servers that are sources of Spam, UBE, or UCE addressed to email addresses associated with the Mi-Co, Inc servers, may be blocked by the administrator. Servers that have been compromised may also be blocked as well.
Usenet / Newsgroups
Posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as "SPAM") is explicitly prohibited.
INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON BEHALF OF A Mi-Co CUSTOMER OR A CUSTOMER'S END USER, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY BY SUCH CUSTOMER OR END USER.
Complaints may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each user is responsible for periodically creating backups of their websites, databases, and emails. Although Mi-Co, Inc. runs periodic backups, we are not responsible for data loss if we have to restore a server. We will be glad to assist a backup you provide.
Limit of Liability
We are not liable for any direct or indirect loss. The limit of liability can not exceed the actual dollar amount received for the services provided.